Booking.com application provides a direct connection to Booking.com channel which includes real time availability and rates updates together with fully fledged reservation handling.
The very first step is to connect apaleo with Booking.com:
- Go to the apaleo Store, Booking.com Channel Connect App and Connect to PMS.
- Log on to your Booking.com extranet.
- Click on the 'Account' icon in the top-right corner.
- Select 'Channel manager' from the drop-down list.
- Search for 'apaleo' provider
- Select Full connection aka two-way type (Reservations, Rates & Availability)
- Accept XML Service Agreement. apaleo will receive an email with your details and connection request.
- After apaleo confirms the connection, you’ll receive a new notification in your 'Inbox' tab
- Confirm the connection by clicking on 'Activate connection with apaleo' button. (Since February 2020 this step might be optional)
You can also do those steps by following the Booking.com sign up guide attached.
Only users who have the following roles have access to the configuration:
- Account Admin
- Property Admin
- Revenue Manager
Navigate to Apps > Booking.com in order to start configuring rate plan and service mappings.
The right mapping is imperative for reservation processing.
Simply go through all rate plans and select the corresponding Booking.com rate plan from the drop-down on the right side. You can always remove mapping by selecting 'No mapping' value.
In case you sell some extra services on Booking.com, you can configure mappings for them as well.
When mapping between apaleo and Booking.com get's broken (e.g. rate plan doesn't have 'Booking.com' channel anymore), you will see the warning that will tell you about it. To fix it, either remove or update the mapping.
When you are done with the mapping and ready to start selling on Booking.com, you can finally activate the connection.
By activating Synchronization, apaleo will start sending real time availability and rate updates, process new bookings as well as modifications and cancellations.
Validate and pay attention for following property settings in Booking.com extranet:
- For the property settings in the menu 'VAT/Tax/Charges' you need to configure the VAT to be included and taxes and charges to be excluded
- In the property settings you should disable the Auto-replenishment of closed rooms as this might lead to overbooking (by sending an email to the partner manager at booking.com). For more information, check the following How To on overbookings.
- Please pay attention to the transfer of credit cards to apaleo. To do this, you must have carried out the so-called location verification with Booking.com (otherwise CC data will not yet be transmitted). CC data can be viewed in Booking.com up to 10 days after the guests' departure and can be manually loaded in apaleo. Contact your Booking.com Account Manager for further questions please!
CAUTION: Before you can import reservations successfully, you need to set the status of your hotel property to LIVE. Please navigate to Settings > Hotel:
Once that is done, you can proceed with the import of reservations.
It is possible to import all reservations with check-out dates in the future directly from Booking.com.
Select either all or some specific reservations and click on 'Import reservations'.
Depending on number of reservations, importing them might take some time. You can track which reservations were imported by looking at their status.
Why is my price for double occupancy lower than my single occupancy price on booking.com?
Apaleo rates are always based on single occupancy. This logic is reflected in the booking.com connector app, where our lead occupancy is single occupancy. Booking.com only displays prices on their website when apaleo submit prices for occupancy 2,3 and so on with the command to round down. Any other commands will not display any rates on Booking.com.
If the property is setup in apaleo with city tax in %, Booking.com calendar will display prices with decimal points (as sent by apaleo) for single occupancy, and then for additional occupancy the price will be rounded down. Booking.com is rounding up the prices when displaying on their channel.
Why does apaleo add additional numbers to the Booking.com code?
The additional numbers in the field External code are for back-end purposes to maintain a smooth communication with Booking.com. For example to undertake reservation amendments.