Market segmentation helps in analyzing target markets and allows the companies to gather insights on identifying business trends, profitable areas, and target customers more effectively.
In Apaleo, users based on their access rights (see below for more details) can set up Market Segments for their properties.
Create a new Market Segment:
To create a market segment, go to Account in the context selector in the top left corner, and navigate to the Settings > Market Segments section.
Enter the required fields!
It is not recommended to redefine market segments often to keep your analytics and reports consistent over time. Thus we recommend you gather the following information before you start setting up a market segment.
Market Segment Identification details:
- Market segment code
We recommend that you choose a code by which you can recognize the segment easily. Please be aware that the code cannot be changed later.
- Name of Market segment
- Description that briefly explains the market segment
Here you can add the list of properties of your account which can make use of this market segment.
Market segments created, but not added to any of the properties will not be available by default to tag on reservations!
Save and that's it! You have successfully defined the market segments for your account and also decided on which of your properties can make use of these segments on their reservations.
Managing Market Segments:
- A market segment can be deleted as long as it is not attached to any reservation.
- A market segment can be deactivated when an account wants to revise its market segmentation. For this, you can remove all the properties assigned to the segment so that it will automatically be unavailable for all properties for any new assignment. However, there will not be any impact on the reservations already assigned to this segment.
Who can manage Market Segments?
- Users with Account Admin access rights can define and manage market segments for all the properties of an account.
- Users with Revenue Manager access rights can define and manage market segments for all the properties for which they are revenue managers.