apaleo gives you the possibility to close a folio to an accounts receivables (AR) account. In order to let you use this feature, you have to setup the company account including the AR function. How to setup your company can be found here: Setup Company
- Once you setup the company with all its details, you can choose the following option in the company account:
- This option should only be checked, if you have a corporate agreement or monthly payment in place with the chosen company.
- In case this has been done and setup, you can create a reservation connected to the company. Upon departure of the guest you can check-out the folio to the company connected AR account in order to send it to the responsible person for the payment.
- Important information in order to use the AR invoice is, that all charges and services have to be posted and that the company address is inserted on the upper right side of the folio.
- Click the field Create invoice and use the orange button Create invoice on AR and close folio. It can now be downloaded and send out per mail or post.
- Once the folio has been closed as a AR invoice, you can see and track all open invoices in your invoices overview as follows:
- In case you received the money, search for the necessary invoice in - Finance -> Invoices and use the three dots on the right hand side of the corresponding folio.
- Click Mark as paid and set the payment method in which you received the open amount to your company account. Important to know is that this action is not changing anything in your hotel accounting, it is only created for you to track your AR invoices.
- IMPORTANT: Be aware, once the AR invoice has been marked as paid, it can't be changed anymore. Therefore only mark it, once the payment has been received.
Please also see our article Accounting for AR invoices.