To request additional payment methods:
- Open a support ticket with Apaleo, mentioning the name of your merchant(s). You can find the name of your merchant in your property payment settings in Apaleo.
- Some payment methods require information from you or additional setup, so please check those in the table below and include all necessary information in your ticket.
- Payment methods are configured per merchant, so if you have multiple merchants, you need to set up payment methods for each of your merchants.
Tested payment methods available with Apaleo Pay
(storable in reservation payment account)
|Active on Payment Link||Available on Apaleo Pay Terminals||Additional information needed for setup|
|American Express||V||V||V||Your AMEX Merchant ID|
|Apple Pay||V||V (only visible when using Safari and on Apple devices)||V||
|Bancontact||V ( SEPA)**||V||V|
|Giropay||V ( SEPA)**||V|
More information in this guide.
|iDeal||V ( SEPA)**||V|
|Klarna||In AT, BE, DE, NL, SE||V||
1. Support email (This email address is visible on the Klarna invoices)
2. Dispute email (This email address is used for dispute-related communication and access to the Klarna portal)
For Payment link, best to use (Sofort by Klarna)
|SEPA Direct Debit||V||V|
|Sofort||V ( SEPA)**||V||
Your logo: 60x60px or 120x120px;
By default activated for AT, BE, CH and DE. Additional countries request via ticket.
|TWINT||V||V||Your logo: 60x60px or 120x120px|
Recurring means that if the payment method is used by the guest to pay for the booking on the IBE, then its credentials are saved in the payment account of the reservation in Apaleo for you to reuse that payment method.
Recurring payments are processed via SEPA Direct Debit payment method. Make sure to have SEPA Direct Debit enabled; otherwise, the recurring payment will not be processed.
Which payment methods are available on your website/IBE?
- If you use an IBE without an Apaleo Pay integration: What these IBEs do is simply copy and paste credit cards details and send them to Apaleo to be processed, so many of the payment methods listed above are not supported. In most cases, only Mastercard, Visa, and American Express are available for your guests on those IBEs.
- If you use an IBE with an Apaleo Pay integration: Check with your IBE for the latest information on which Apaleo Payment methods they support. In general, IBEs with an Apaleo Pay integration can support additional Apaleo Payment methods such as PayPal and Apple Pay, if they have completed the additional setup as needed. Currently, the IBEs integrated to Apaleo Pay are myIBE by detco, OnePageBooking (HNS), Gauvendi, and LikeMagic.
- If you have built your own IBE (custom IBE): You can integrate to Apaleo Pay and enable the payment methods that you need, completing additional setup as needed.
Additional payment methods
The payment methods listed above are the ones that Apaleo's payment team has tested and verified to be working with Apaleo. You can find the full list of payment methods supported by Adyen here: https://docs.adyen.com/online-payments/supported-payment-methods To inquire about a payment method that is supported by Adyen but not yet tested by Apaleo, please contact our support team.
Information on additional setup
The information in the table above is for enabling Apple Pay on payment links/terminals.
If you want to enable Apple Pay on your IBE, additional integration work, documented here, is required. Make sure to first complete the pre go-live checklist before requesting Apple Pay.
The requirements listed in the table above are for enabling Google Pay on payment terminals.
If you want to enable Google Pay on your IBE, you would need to do some integration work: https://docs.adyen.com/payment-methods/google-pay#how-do-you-want-to-integrate.
In order for your Paypal account to be linked to your Apaleo Pay merchant, you need grant certain permissions in your PayPal account. See the instructions below. For more info find here Adyen's guide for the activation here:https://docs.adyen.com/payment-methods/paypal/web-drop-in#grant-api-access
- Log into your PayPal Business account
- Go to https://www.paypal.com/US/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-api-grant-authorization
- Grant the following permissions for Adyen (paypal_api2.adyen.com):
- If you also want to save your guests' PayPal accounts for later use, you need to allow reference transactions in your PayPal account Account Settings.