Revenue structure in apaleo and the possibility of differentiation through sub-accounts:
In apaleo the revenue is split automatically in 5 revenue groups. More details regarding this topic can be found in the Introduction into Accounting.
Another differentiation is possible via sub-accounts. Those are defined and then linked to rate plans and/or services.
- Through the rate plans you can differentiate revenues for accommodation, e.g. Short Stay vs. Long Stay.
- Through Services all additional service revenues can be differentiated.
The standard revenue differentiation consists of these 5 revenue groups:
If sub-accounts are not activated, those 5 revenue groups are the standard and reflected in the revenue report.
The revenue groups Accommodation, Food and beverages and Other will be booked through the rate plans and services without defined sub-accounts - and depending on the user role and user rights - through posting of manually defined services.
The revenue accounts No-show and Cancellation fees are only available with the corresponding reservation status and can be - depending on the setup - booked manually or automated.
Possibility of differentiation for the three revenue groups Accommodation/ Food and Beverage / Other:
The differentiation of the above mentioned revenue groups is possible through the activation of sub-accounts and can be setup individually.
This can be done via the following two steps:
1. Activate the sub-accounts
- Open Settings - Finance - Sub-Account
- Enter for every category the needed sub-accounts with a code and a name.
- If the sub-accounts are activated, then the created sub-accounts will determine the level of detail of the revenue report. If the Datev-Connector is used, the sub-accounts allow the mapping of accounts in Datev on this level.
- If you want to evaluate the revenue of one specific service, then you need to create an sub-account for this service. A service as such is not enough.
- All other parameters (Availability, Distribution, Price, Accounting configurations) will be defined in the services or the rate plans.
2. Add the sub-accounts in the services/ rate plans
- e.g. Service Breakfast
- Rate plan, e.g. Accommodation Revenue "Corporate Apaleo"
- You can only see the sub-accounts connected to the chosen service type.
- The mapping of the service type, the sub-account and VAT type is locked after you saved it. However, it can be changed through the accounting configurations, effective earliest from next business day on.
- As soon as a sub-account was added and saved to a service or a rate, it will be used for future transaction respecting the defined start date "From: Beginning".
- Already existing transactions are not amended retrospectively. For services and accommodation charges this can only be done by manually refunding the charges and posting them again manually on the guest folio selecting the desired service type, sub-account and VAT type.
Why are there revenues on the sub-accounts "- Unspecified"?
- With the activation of the sub-accounts there is the expectation that every revenue is mapped to an defined sub-account.
- However up to the user rights, it might be possible that services can be posted manually to the folio without choosing a predefined service.
- If a service was posted on the folio without a sub-account, then this revenue will appear in the main group, e.g. Revenue Food and Beverage and the sub-account "unspecified".
If revenues are reflected on "- Unspecified", you should check for the following:
- possible wrong posting
- service was chosen, but sub-account not linked yet to service
- a new charge has been posted, for which a predefined service with sub-account is not existing yet