There are basic checks you can run to support clean books and catch errors before they affect your balances.
Reservations with an open balance
- Ideally at the end of every day you create such a filtered reservation list, using the Quick filter.
Here is a screenshot:
- The next step is to remove any status filter to see reservations of all statuses, incl. Cancelled and Checked-Out.
- Then sort by the departure date and have a look at all reservations with departure date in the past/before today. Most likely they should not have an open balance - what happened there?
A couple of examples for negative or positive balances:
Positive: Payment posted, but no service – most of the times due to cancellation or no-show
Negative: Service posted, but no payment or folio closed to AR
Accounting-Report "Total of Debited and Credited"
Content of the report:
For the selected period you will receive an aggregation of the booked transactions to the apaleo accounts, divided into debit and credit.
Why is this report helpful:
It indicates whether or not revenue has been posted to accounts with atypical tax rates, e.g.
Overnight stay with 0% VAT or no VAT => If yes, then check the reservation(s) and do the
When to run this report:
Latest 1-2 days before the end of the month, to be able to correct within the current month.
Most common reasons here: manual charges.
- Charges, which were added over +Add charge, but with a manual and incorrect choice of service, service type and VAT amount charged
- or refunds through -Refund with incorrect choice of service type and VAT amount will lead to wrong charges to the payment accounts
How can you avoid this?
Define Extras and Services beforehand to guarantee the correct transfer to the payment accounts.
Refunds in a guest folio should only be done with the help of the three dots on the right of the charge. The original charge will then be refunded 1:1.