Integration with adyen
apaleo comes with a payment integration to adyen, one of the world's biggest payment service providers. This integration allows you as a hotelier to:
- Enter credit card data in apaleo to guarantee for bookings and reservations
- Accept and store credit cards and virtual credit cards from booking channels
- Validate credit cards directly during the booking creation flow
- Charge stored credit cards for stay related costs including no-show and cancellation fees
- Initiate a payment directly from the apaleo user interface on a payment terminal that supports credit cards, debit cards and also digital wallet payment methods like Apple Pay, Google Pay, AliPay or WeChat Pay
- One settlement report for all credit and debit card revenues split into the different networks
If you are using the payment integration feature, you can completely automate collecting the money from your guests, as long as they entered valid credit card information.
Navigate to Settings > Payment in your property, and choose:
- collect prepayments at the time of making a booking
- collect payment on check-in or check-out
- collect the no-show fee, when the reservation is set to no-show
- collect the cancellation fee, when the reservation is cancelled
For the no-show and cancellation fee, apaleo calculates the value based on the policies you configured.
When you amend a reservation while the guest is in-house, and you collect payments on check-in, the money for additional charges will also be collected.
Payment automation works best when combined with the other automation options apaleo offers. You can set up your hotel to automatically check people out at check-out time, and collect the money.
Money collection by Booking.com
In Booking.com (in Property --> Policies) you can define to use the payment services by Booking.com. Guests will pay online, the money will be collected by Booking.com and paid out to you periodically by bank transfer the month after the guest stayed in your property. Booking.com is charging an additional commission for this service.
If you are using this service, then the money is guaranteed by Booking.com in case the guest really stayed at your hotel.
To automate this apaleo introduced the setting "Automatically post payment from Booking.com". You should only switch it on if you are using Payments by Booking.com. It will override the guarantee set on the rate plan when a reservation from Booking.com is created in apaleo to the guarantee called "OTA".
Additionally it will (on check-out of the reservation) automatically post a payment for the payment method "BookingCom", so you have all the payment for a certain month on one financial account and can reconcile payments received from Booking.com with the payment account in apaleo.
So to sum up: This setting overrides the prepayment setting. Automatic collection of prepayments from apaleo is then switched off for reservation from Booking.com.
But you should only switch it on if you are also using the Payments by booking.com
In order to use this, go Settings >Payment, and turn on 'Automatically post payment from Booking.com'.