Integration with adyen
apaleo comes with a payment integration to adyen, one of the world's biggest payment service providers. This integration allows you as a hotelier to:
- Enter credit card data in apaleo to guarantee for bookings and reservations
- Accept and store credit cards and virtual credit cards from booking channels
- Validate credit cards directly during the booking creation flow
- Charge stored credit cards for stay related costs including no-show and cancellation fees
- Initiate a payment directly from the apaleo user interface on a payment terminal that supports credit cards and also digital wallet payment methods like Apple Pay, Google Pay, AliPay or WeChat Pay
- One settlement report for all credit card revenues split into the different networks
If you are using the payment integration feature, you can completely automate collecting the money from your guests, as long as they entered valid credit card information.
Navigate to Settings > Payment in your property, and choose:
- collect prepayments at the time of making a booking
- collect payment on check-in or check-out
- collect the no-show fee, when the reservation is set to no-show
- collect the cancellation fee, when the reservation is cancelled
For the no-show and cancellation fee, apaleo calculates the value based on the policies you configured.
When you amend a reservation while the guest is in-house, and you collect payments on check-in, the money for additional charges will also be collected.
Payment automation works best when combined with the other automation options apaleo offers. You can set up your hotel to automatically check people out at check-out time, and collect the money.
Money collection by Booking.com
On Booking.com, you can configure that they take care of money collection (in the Finance section). With this, Booking.com will transfer the money periodically to the hotel. apaleo allows you to automate adding those payments to reservations.
In order to do this, go Settings >Payment, and turn on 'Automatically post payment from Booking.com'.