Use one of the templates in this guide as a starting point to write your Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for group bookings.
In this guide:
SOP for automated process
SOP for manual process
Process: Create and manage group booking
Objective: Provide groups with a smooth booking and stay experience, increasing your likelihood of return business and positive reviews
Responsible: [Staff role - e.g. Reservation Manager]
Last updated: DD.MM.YYYY
- Receive the group inquiry and send an offer.
- Create a group booking.
- Create tentative blocks for each room category. If occupancy will vary (e.g. some double rooms will have single occupancy with a gross daily rate of 80 and others will have double occupancy with a gross daily rate of 100), set these up as separate blocks with different gross daily rates.
- Receive confirmation of the group offer.
- Confirm the room blocks.
- Receive guest details.
- Create the reservations for each guest by picking them up from the respective block.
- Create a group folio if a group invoice will be required: route all services which will be paid by the group to one folio in the booking.
- Send pre-arrival communication to the group organizer to confirm the reservation details, any special requests or requirements, and to provide instructions for the check-in process.
- Check-in procedure for groups: [add in your procedure here; where the group will wait; what information is needed from the group leader, how keys will be allocated, etc.]
- On the departure day, check the guest folios to see if you still need to collect any payments before the group checks out - e.g. if there are individual expenses not covered by the group organizer.
- Check-out procedure for groups: [add in your procedure here: how keys will be returned, etc.]
- Collect feedback from the group.
- Ensure all folios are balanced and send the invoice.
Notes for Apahero
- If you want to add in detailed user instructions (what buttons to click in Apaleo) you can copy these in from M1 Lesson 5: Create and manage group bookings.