In this lesson:
What you need to know
How to manually check out a reservation
- From the reservation: In the GENERAL tab of the reservation, click on Check out.
- From the reservation list: Click the 3 dots (⋮) next to the reservation and select check out.
- From the room rack: Click on the reservation. In the pop up window, click on check out.
When is check-out possible?
- Check-out is possible for reservations with the departure date today or tomorrow.
- For reservations with departure date tomorrow you will see an option to either free the room immediately, or generate the invoice and check out the departure day.
- If a guest needs to check out earlier, amend the reservation to an earlier departure date.
- Exercise 1: Check out a reservation Find a reservation with departure date today or tomorrow and check it out.
Apahero trainer notes
- This lesson is about manual check-out done by the hotel team in Apaleo. Adapt it if you have a different check-out flow, for example with a kiosk, digital guest journey app, or an automation in Apaleo.
- A common mistake to avoid: users sometimes manually post open charges on the folio and ignore the warning pop up message that once this is done, it will no longer be possible to amend the reservation to an earlier departure date and free up the room for another reservation.
- Frequently asked question: How can I set up a late check-out?