In this guide:
What you need to know
How to add services
- In the EXTRAS tab of the reservation, click +Add service
- Select the service, when it will be offered, quantity, and price (default price or a custom one) and add.
How to make changes to added services
- Services can be edited and removed as long as the service date is in the future, via the EXTRAS tab of the reservation
- Delete using the 3 dots (⋮) next to the service.
- Expand the Service (>) to see the option to Edit.
Services which are included in the rate plan
- If a service is included in the booked rate plan, it will automatically appear in the FOLIO tab of the reservation as well as in the EXTRAS tab when the reservation is created.
- It is not possible to edit services included in the rate plan - to change them, you need to change the rate plan.
- Exercise 1: Add a service Select any future reservation where the guest will stay multiple nights, and the rate plan includes at least one service. First, check the EXTRAS tab and the FOLIO tab to see how the included service appears on both. Second, add a service (one which is not already included in the rate plan) to the reservation. Check the FOLIO tab to see the changes to the guest folio.
- Exercise 2: Edit the service Change when the service will be offered, the quantity, or price. Check the FOLIO tab to see the changes to the guest folio.
- Exercise 3: Delete the service Delete the service and then check the FOLIO tab to see the changes to the guest folio.
Apahero trainer notes
- Ahead of the training, set up your services and ensure you have at least one rate plan with an included service.
- Here are more detailed guides on on setting up and using services.
- If your team works with service reports (e.g. breakfast lists) or limited services, expand the practice activities to include those.