In this lesson:
What you need to know
📍You can amend reservations in the TRAVEL DATES tab of a reservation.
How to change the stay dates
- Shorten a reservation: to choose a later check-in date and/or an earlier check-out date, click on Shorten stay, click on the cards to select new arrival and departure dates, and click on the shorten stay button.
- Extend a reservation: to chose a later checkout date, click on Amend stay, select the new departure date, and click the Search rates button. Click Select offer, check that the rate plan is the same on your new and old cards, and save using the Apply changes button.
How to change prices
- Click Change prices.
- Edit individual prices by clicking on each card, or click on Edit multiple prices. Save using the Apply changes button.
How to change the booked rate plan
- Click on Amend stay, and turn on the toggle Recalculate prices.
- To change the number of guests: Specify the new number of adults/children and click the Search rates button.
- To change the unit group: turn on the toggle Show offers for other unit groups and click the Search rates button.
- Click Select offer for the new rate plan and save using the Apply changes button.
How to cancel a reservation
- From the reservation list: Click the 3 dots (⋮) next to the reservation and select cancel reservation.
- From the reservation: in the GENERAL tab of the reservation, click on Actions and select cancel reservation.
- Depending on the cancellation policy that the guest has booked on (you can see this in the Reservation details in the GENERAL tab of the reservation), the guest may have to pay a cancellation fee.
- Cancellation fees can either be posted manually or automatically. Check with your Apahero to find out how they are collected in your property.
- Exercise 1: Change stay dates Select any future reservation and make the check-in date one day later.
- Exercise 2: Change the unit group The guest from exercise 1 calls and asks to be moved to a different room category. Change the unit group and see what the difference in price is.
- Exercise 3: Cancel a reservation 2 days later, the guest informs you they cannot come. Cancel the reservation and check if they need to pay a cancellation fee. If yes, how will this be collected?
Apahero trainer notes
- Ahead of this lesson: 1) ensure that there are enough future reservations in your training hotel for your team to do the practice activities; and 2) be prepared to explain how cancellation fees are collected in your property.
- Find a more detailed guide on amending reservations here and on handling cancellations (including collecting cancellation fees) here.
- Note: if a reservation is extended and the assigned room is not available for the new dates, then Apaleo assigns a new room and flags that there is a room move.