In this lesson:
What you need to know
Definitions: reservation, guest, booking, and booker
- A reservation is always for one room ("unit").
- Each reservation has one or more guests - whoever is staying in that room.
- A booking is the container for one or more reservations.
- The person who makes the booking is the booker.
How to check room availability and view offers
- In the reservations section, click on + New booking.
- Specify the dates and number of people per reservation
- Click on Show availability to see the number of available rooms meeting these criteria. Click the expand icon (Ξ>) next to each unit for more details.
- Click on Search offers to see available offers. Click the expand icon (>) next to each offer for more details.
- To view unavailable offers, click switch the toggle Show unavailable offers. Each unavailable offer will show an explanation for why the offer is unavailable.
How to create a new booking
- From your list of offers, choose the number of units you want to book. Each unit will be one reservation within the booking.
- Click Select offer
- Add the guest details and save them by clicking on + Add guest
- To add additional reservations to the booking, click on Add more reservations, and select additional offers, and enter guest details for those reservations.
- Add the booker details and click on Create booking.
How to copy reservations
- From the reservation list: Click the 3 dots (⋮) next to the reservation and select copy reservation.
- From the booking: In the GENERAL tab of the reservation you want to copy, click on Jump to booking. Click the 3 dots (⋮) next to the reservation and select copy reservation.
- Exercise 1: Create a single reservation Claudia Loewe wants a room for 3 nights, arriving next Monday, for herself and her partner. She requests the cheapest rate you have available.
- Exercise 2: Copy a reservation Claudia Loewe calls you again. She and her partner will come again on the 15th of next month, and stay for 2 nights. She wants the same type of room as their previous stay.
- Exercise 3: Create a booking with multiple reservations Zach Patel wants to book 3 rooms for the last weekend of next month (check in Friday, check out Sunday). The 2nd room is for his parents, Ashok and Emma, and the 3rd room is for his sister Ella.
Apahero trainer notes
- Run through the practice activities ahead of your training to ensure that they work with your rate plan settings and availability, and adjust the instructions as needed.
- Find a more detailed guide on bookings and reservations here.