In this lesson:
What you need to know
Types of maintenance slots
- Out Of Service (OOS): the room is fully functional and has only minor cosmetic defects. It is still included in your availability and can be used by guests. In the room rack, it is visually indicated with a crossed out water drop icon.
- Out Of Order (OOO): the room is not functional and cannot be used by guests. It is deducted from availability. In the room rack, it is visually indicated with a crossed out shopping cart icon.
- Out Of Inventory(OOI): the room if not functional and needs long term maintenance work. It is not only deducted from your availability, but also from your total house count. This means occupancy will not be calculated based on your total physical unit count, but rather on the reduced one, which influences key metrics as well as price recommendations of revenue management solutions. In the room rack, it is visually indicated with a stop symbol icon.
How to add and edit maintenance slots
- In the room rack, click on +Add and New maintenance slot.
- Specify the unit(s), the type of maintenance slot, and dates.
- To edit or delete a maintenance slot, click on the slot and make the desired changes in the pop up window.
- Exercise 1: Add and edit an Out of Service maintenance slot Add an Out of Service maintenance slot to two rooms for 24 hours. Extend the slot for one of the rooms to 48 hours.
- Exercise 2: Add an Out of Order maintenance slot Choose a unit category, and check the availability module to see how many units in this category are available tomorrow night. Add an out of order maintenance slot to one of the units, and then check how the availability changes.
Apahero trainer notes
- Front Desk and Senior Front desk can only manage Out of Service maintenance. Reservation Managers can manage Out of Service and Out of Order maintenance. Out of Inventory maintenance can only be managed by Property or Account Admins.