In this lesson:
What you need to know
How to create an invoice
- For a guest folio: you can generate invoices from the folio (click on Invoices) on the check-out day, when the folio is fully paid and the billing address is filled out.
- Ahead of this time, you can see a preview invoice when you click on Invoices.
- For an external folio: you can generate an invoice as soon as the folio is fully paid.
How to create a prepayment notice (Guest folio only)
- Click on Invoices > Prepayment notice.
- Select the charges to be prepaid. You can filter them by business date or service type.
- Click on Create prepayment notice to view and download the prepayment notice.
- The prepayment notice is not stored in Apaleo and can be recreated at any time.
How to create an advance invoice (Guest folio only)
- You can generate an advance invoice when at least one payment and one future charge is selected, and the selected payments and charges balance to 0.
- Click on Invoices > Advance invoice
- Select the payments and charges, and click on Create advance invoice to preview or create the advance invoice.
- You can view (and cancel) the created advance invoice in the INVOICES tab of the reservation.
- Exercise 1: Create an invoice Create an external folio, add charge and payment to it, and generate an invoice.
- Exercise 2: Create a prepayment notice Find or create a reservation with stay dates in the future and generate a prepayment notice for it.
- Exercise 3: Create and cancel an advance invoice Find or create a reservation with stay dates in the future, add a payment, and generate an advance invoice. Find the advance invoice and cancel it.
Apahero trainer notes
- Invoice formats in Apaleo vary by country, as well as the user-defined invoice settings. If you have multiple properties in different locations, it is best to have multiple training hotels with the correct countries.
- A common mistake to avoid: Do not manually post open charges in advance, in order to issue an invoice. Invoices should not be issued until the services have been consumed. If a guest requests an invoice in advance because they have prepaid, please make sure to only issue a preview or advance invoice.
- Accounts receivables (AR) invoices: In addition to the options covered in this lesson, Apaleo gives you the possibility to close a folio on AR. You can find more information on this in our guides on AR invoices and accounting for AR invoices.