In this lesson:
What you need to know
How to add payments
- Click + Add payment and select a payment method.
- Note on payment methods: All payment methods listed under "Other" are manual payments which do not initiate any real payment process. The remaining payment methods available depend on how payment is configured in your hotel, as well as what type of folio you are in. Payment account and payment link only appear if you use Apaleo Pay, and Payment terminal only appears if you have an Apaleo Pay terminal (also, unless you have a test terminal, this payment method will not appear in your training hotel). Payment accounts can only be used in guest folios.
- If your hotel has automatic fiscalization (Germany and Austria only), you will need to select the charges to which the payment corresponds. If you do not have fiscalization, you can directly specify the payment amount.
How to move payments
- Click the 3 dots (⋮) next to the payment and select move to.
- Specify the destination folio, which can only be a payment within the same booking.
How to refund or split payments
- Refund payments: Click the 3 dots (⋮) next to the payment and select refund. You can select whether to give a full or partial refund.
- Split payments: Click the 3 dots (⋮) next to the payment and select split. This will refund the original payment, and create two new payments.
- Note: When you split a payment, the two new payments will be posted with today's business date.
- Exercise 1: Add a payment via payment link Add a payment via payment link to an external folio. Hover over the posted payment link to copy it and open it in a new browser tab.
- Exercise 2: Partially refund and move a payment Add a payment via payment account to a guest folio. Once the payment is posted, refund 50% of it and then move it to a new folio in the same reservation.
Apahero trainer notes
- The exercises in this lesson requires test payment to be enabled in your training hotel, which you can request from Apaleo in a support ticket. Here is a list of test credit cards which you can use once test payment is enabled.
- A common mistake to avoid: certain user roles have the option to post global refunds, using the Actions button at the top of the folio. This function only exists for very specific accounting use cases, and should not be used for regular refunds. A refund done in this way is not linked to a specific payment, and no real transaction takes place.