In this lesson:
What you need to know
How to add charges
- Click + Add charge > Charge and select from the list of services in the pop up window. You can still change the price. If the list of services does not appear, it means that no services have been set up for this property.
- At the bottom of the list of services, there is an option to add charge manually. Be sure to enter the correct service and VAT types if using this option.
- Note: adding a charge to a folio posts it immediately. To add charges which will be consumed in the future, use the EXTRAS tab of the reservation, so that the services will be posted with the correct business date.
How to move charges
- Click the 3 dots (⋮) next to the charge and select move to.
- Specify the destination folio, which can be a guest folio, external folio, or the house account.
- Bulk moves: select multiple charges > Actions (next to the filter) > move to.
How to refund or split charges (requires Senior Front Desk user rights)
- Refund charges: Click the 3 dots (⋮) next to the charge and select refund. You can select whether to give a full or partial refund.
- Bulk refunds: select multiple charges > Actions (next to the filter) > refund.
- Split charges: Click the 3 dots (⋮) next to the charge and select split. This will refund the original charge, and create two new charges.
- Note: When you split a charge, the two new charges will be posted with today's business date.
- Exercise 1: Add and move a charge Add a charge to a guest folio and then move it to an external folio.
- Exercise 2: Split and move a charge Split a charge on a guest folio and move 30% of it to a second folio.
- Exercise 3: Partially refund a charge Refund 2 Euros of a charge on any folio.
Apahero trainer notes
- Transitory charges: when you click + Add charge the option to add transitory charges also appears. Here's more information on what transitory charges are and how to use them.
- Routings: this lesson covers manual movement of charges from one folio. Only charges which have already been posted can be moved in this way. For more complex use cases, such as moving multiple charges in a group booking or moving unposted charges, routings are a better option.
- A common mistake to avoid: certain user roles have the option to post global allowances (i.e. discounts), using the Actions button at the top of the folio. This function only exists for very specific accounting use cases, and should not be used for regular refunds of charges.