Once your merchant has been approved and configured in your property(/ies) in Apaleo, there are seven steps to complete.
1) Payment Automation Setup in Apaleo
In Apaleo, select a property, open the Settings through Settings - Payments - Payments Automations.
Here you can setup your payment automation rules.
2) Get Access to your Merchant Account in Adyen
- Once you receive the activation email for your Adyen user account, go to the link and make sure you have downloaded an "Authenticator App" on your device. Examples: Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Authy, Duo Mobile etc.
- Scan the QR code which shows up after you insert the account, username and password, using the authenticator app installed on your device.
The authenticator app on your device generates a code.
- Enter the code from the authenticator app.
- You will need the app every time you log in to Adyen.
3) Activate Notifications for Transaction Updates
In order to be notified immediately of chargeback claims of guests, fraud attempts or important actions in your merchant account, please:
- Log in with your Adyen user.
- Click System messages and Subscribe to all.
4) Customize Your Payment Link
You can manage the payment link settings in your merchant through: Pay by Link > Pay by Link Settings. Here you have to enter your terms and conditions URL and can customize the design of the links under Themes.
For more info on how to use the payment link, refer to this guide: Payment Links
5) Configure Refund Reserve
This feature is currently not available.
6) Manage Payment Methods
Find instructions on managing payment methods here. Then, please open a ticket with us to add any payment method that is available for your region.
7) Learn about PSD2
PSD2 (Payment Services Directive n.2.) requires the implementation of the strong customer authentication (SCA, also known as two-factor authentication) for e-commerce payment transactions via the deployment of the technology called 3DSecure. Something very important for hotels to know about 3DSecure is the liability shift. When the 3DSecure step is requested to your guests when processing payments, then you will not be liable for chargebacks. Read the full article and tell us if you want to force this step for your e-commerce transactions.