A group booking offers the same features like a multi-unit booking - and more! In addition, you can block inventory first, and later pick from those blocks to create the reservations. This is useful when you get a request for a bigger event. Then you can block some rooms or conference spaces for the time, without knowing all the other details. Only when the block is confirmed, it reduces the availability.
In the example above Dana Schmitz already confirmed two Play Rooms for three whole days, and 15 single rooms from June 9th to June 11th for the E-Sports Event. She still holds an unconfirmed option of 15 double rooms, that are unlikely to be confirmed (the third card), so you decided not to remove them from the public availability to still be able to sell them on other channels. The Play Rooms for Jun 9th are already picked, and on the second card you can see that 3 people picked from the contingent of 15 blocked single rooms.
In the reservation list you can see all reservations related to this group booking with access to all the reservations actions, so you can easily process the group.
Actions on a block
The following actions are available on a block:
- Edit lets you modify the dates, the number of blocked units and the gross daily rate. The dates and the number of blocked units cannot be reduced below what has already been picked.
- Confirm sets the status of the block to Definite and ensures the inventory is taken out of the public availability. It can happen that there is not enough availability left when you confirm a block. Then you have to reduce the number of blocked units, to make it fit.
- Release sets the status to Tentative. Now the inventory is back to public availability. Tentative is also the status a new block has. You can only release a block, if nothing has been picked up yet.
- Pickup allows you to create reservations related to this block up to the limit of blocked units.
- Wash releases all not yet picked units from a block. It does not change the block's status. Useful when you shorten picked reservations and would like to set units free.
- Cancel will set the status of the block to Canceled and return the inventory back to the public availability. You can only cancel a block if no reservations have been picked up yet or all related reservations for this block are also canceled.
- Delete removes the whole block. This is only possible if there was never a reservation picked up for this block.
You can specify the name for the group booking. If you have multiple properties nearby and need to accomodate some guests in another of your properties, then you can define in which properties you want to block inventory for this group. The group will then be visible in each of the selected properties.