This sort of payment is used, if a hotel gives the guest the possibility to check-out and pay for the stay by a payment provider, that supports a pay later possibility. This way is similar to an AR invoice for companies, because you let the guest check-out without paying entirely for the stay. The payment provider (e.g. Klarna or Ratepay) checks the credibility of the guest and takes care of the payment collection afterwards.
We build a special way to use the "buy now - pay later" payment method for hotels that enabled it. This function will give your guests the chance to pay for their stay after their departure. In the following you will get an idea about the flow for this function:
- We are clicking in this example on "Payment Link" and the following options are displayed:
- Choose the payer country and click the box, if your hotel activated the "buy now - pay later" function.
- Select the charges and click on Next:
- In the following screen, click on billing address to insert all the needed data. Due to special settings for this payment methods, you have to insert the house number in the field "Address line 2":
- Once done, click Save and you will be directed to the last window to insert the payer email and a description if needed. Insert the necessary data and click on Add Payment to create the payment link:
- After sending out the payment link, the payer has now the chance to choose one of the "Pay Later" payment methods (e.g. Pay later with Klarna) that you activated for your hotel: