You have the possibility to setup a late check-out for a guest in two different ways:
Use a service:
- Set up an sub account "Late Check-Out" under Accommodation in Settings - Finance - Custom Sub-Accounts to track the charges of the service.
- Create a service with the name "Late Check-Out" and set the correct VAT tax and the created sub account.
- If the guest decided to stay longer in his room before or during his stay, add the service "Late Check-Out" directly in the reservation under Extras & Services.
- If the guest is asking on day of departure add the service on the folio and choose the agreed fee for this service.
- As next step you have to block the room with the help of a maintenance window in the room rack. The maintenance should start from the standard check-out time. Here you have to decide between:
- Out of Service (OOS): Room can be sold again after the late departure, e.g. guest only stays for an additional 2 hours and your Housekeeping Team can still clean the room for another arrival of the day.
- Out of Order (OOO): Room can't be sold again for the day, e.g. guest will stay until late evening and there is no chance anymore for your Housekeeping Team to clean the room.
- Once the room can be used again, remove the maintenance window and assign it to a guest.
Amend the stay date in the reservation:
This option is mainly recommended, when the guest stays longer than the standard check-in time, e.g. standard check-in time is 15:00 pm and the guest stays in his room until 19:00 pm.
- Recommended is to setup a separate rate code for the late check-out, e.g. called "Late Check-Out". as you have the possibility to leave out any extras and services. Use as well the Sub-Account to track the charges of the service.
- Make sure to only make it available for the Direct booking channel.
- Open the reservation and click on Travel Dates.
- Click on Amend Stay and insert the requested departure time into the departure time field. Leave the departure date as it is:
- Click on the Search rates button to update the departure time and choose the rate code you already setup earlier.
- Now you have the chance to update the price manually or leave it as it is by your pricing setup in the rate plan area.
- Press Apply changes to update the reservation with the new departure time.
- apaleo now blocks the room until the expected departure time and no new arrival of the day can be booked on the same room.
- On the folio the rate is displayed with the price you set. However due to the apaleo setup, the city tax of the late check-out has to be refunded manually from your side to finalize the action.