Check-in by mistake:
It happens sometimes that you checked in a guest by mistake and it should be actually a cancelled reservation. As you are not able to reverse the check-in in apaleo, you can follow these steps with a workaround to check-out the guest again:
- The goal is to have the guest folio on a zero balance in order to check him out again.
- Shorten the reservation as much as possible.
- Post all services of the shortened stay, if not happened automatically.
- Refund the posted services through the three dots on the right side of the service.
- Be aware to post a cancellation fee or no-show fee if applicable.
- Once the balance is set to 0,00, the guest can be checked out again.
- In case it happens that the guest arrives now after all, you have to create a new reservation. Fastest way to do it is to copy the old reservation within the booking.
No-Show or Cancelled status by mistake:
It happens sometimes that a reservation status was changed to no-show or was cancelled by mistake, but the guest is still due to arrive.
- In this case you are not able to reverse the status, you would have to create a new reservation instead.
- Open the mistakenly changed reservation and click on Jump to booking.
- In the new screen click on +Add a new reservation.
- Insert the required dates and click on Search rates.
- Now you can choose the rate and click on Select offer.
- In the new window just click Create and the default guest name of the booking is taken to create the new reservation.
- Assign a room and check-in at arrival.