The Instant arrival functionality is meant to cover situations, where you have a last-minute reservation or a walk-in guest.
Using Instant arrival enables you:
- to book a reservation for the "currently running" night (time slice), instead of having to add the reservation for the upcoming night and
- to apply the rate of the previous business day, without having to manually adjust the price to "the one of yesterday".
Whenever the following conditions are fulfilled, you will be able to make use of Instant arrival:
- You are adding the reservation after midnight.
- You are adding the reservation before your standard check-in time.
A guest walks in at 01:30 on October 1st, to spend the remainder of the night in one of your rooms.
Since Apaleo functions in real time, adding a reservation at 01:30 o'clock would result in you making that reservation for arrival date October 1st and standard check-in time (usually around 15:00 - 18:00). So the assigned room would be occupied only from the afternoon/evening of the current day.
Instead, the goal is to occupy the room instantly, for the night that started on September 30th and apply the rate of the previous business day.
Theory to action:
- Add a booking for the current date (Oct 1 from our example).
- Before selecting the rate plan, activate the Instant arrival toggle:
- Select the rate plan and continue with the process as usual.
- Check in the reservation (in the desired room if applicable).
- Apaleo will apply the rate of the previous business day.