Very often before or during a stay, guests want to make changes to their reservation. Changes to the arrival or departure dates, number of persons staying in the room, or maybe they want to book a different unit group (room type)?
- Amend stay lets you extend or move a reservation, change the reservation to a different unit group (room type) or change the number of adults and children.
- You can also optionally set arrival and departure times different from the default check-in or default check-out times.
- All those actions require a check for availability. The first thing you have to do, is to search for rates.
- When you specify the new travel dates the system shows you all the details that differ from the original reservation.
- When you search for rates you will receive all alternative offers for the reservation.
- After you select one of the offers, you get a preview of the reservation, how it would look after applying the changes.
- You can change the prices per night manually if needed.
- Check, if this is what you want and confirm with Apply changes, or go back to how it was before with Reset.
If a guest wants to arrive later or depart earlier you can use the action Shorten stay. Just choose the new arrival and the new departure date.
- When you entered wrong prices while making a booking, you can still change them afterwards. You can also use this to give discounts.
- Click Change prices, and adjust the prices of one or more nights. Confirm with Apply changes, or Cancel to go back to how it was.
Change room assignment
- You can change the room by using the Assign unit button.
- By default, the room will be changed for the whole stay. For reservations longer than one day, you can change the room for a specific date range.
- You can see the assigned units for each night on the cards.
- If the category of the assigned unit differs from the booked category you will see a colored square next to the assigned unit to indicate this.
- To change a room for specific nights, click on Assign unit in the action menu (the three dots). Choose a room, and confirm with Assign.