Please use the following instructions for a workaround, until we can present our new group folio:
Preparation: Step 1
Create a sub-account for transparency and analysis purposes
- Go to Settings > Finance > Custom Sub-Accounts
- In the third section "Other" add a sub-account, name it e.g. "PREPAYGR" and "Pre-Payments Groups".
Preparation: Step 2
In order to mirror an advance payment as correctly as possible, you need to set-up a "mock" service to later represent any advance payment.
- Head to Rates > Services > +New Service
- Enter a rather self-explanatory code, e.g. PREPAYGR or similar.
- Enter proper descriptions and select Daily Avalaibility.
- Pricing e.g. 1 € and Per Room, as you will adjust the price according to the agreement with the individual guest.
- For the Accounting part be sure to verify this with your professional accountant.
We recommend that you choose Service type "Other", to be able to seperately monitor/analyse the revenue later on. The VAT type will depend on your country's legislation and also on whether accomodation revenue is mixed with F&B revenue in your hotel's rates. However we recommend to rather use the highest possible, to be on the safe side.
- Select the sub account, that you have created for this!
How to add the advance payment service and create an invoice:
- Navigate to the relevant folio. If it is a group booking, you will have to pick one reservation folio, that makes most sense to you.
- Open an additional folio here by clicking .
The reason you create this additional folio is to keep the final invoice for the customer clean.
- In this new folio, the Pre-Payment Service you have created in Prep Step 2. Adjust the amount of the pre-payment accordingly.
- In the same (new) folio, now a payment and enter the details of the actual advance payment you received.
For now, you have recorded the pre-payment for the correct date and payment method. You may create an invoice, if requested by the guest. Creating the invoice with close the folio - which is ok, for now.
- Once the guest(s) are in-house, on the day before departure, you can now post all un-posted charges of the group and move all applicable charges onto one folio of your choice.
- Once done, go into the additional folio, where the mock charge was added and move the pre-payment (payment - not the service/charge) into the main folio, that now includes all charges.
- Last step: Refund the mock pre-payment charge via the three dots.