Business on the books from your old PMS can be easily migrated into Apaleo. Reservations that were created in your legacy PMS and have not checked-in yet will be available in Apaleo then and can be processed there.
All we need from you is a file with all confirmed reservations that will check-in AFTER your planned go-live date with Apaleo. The format must be CSV (No PDF, no native Excel, no DB dumps, etc.) with character coding UTF-8. Per reservation there must be exactly ONE data row describing ONE single reservation with the data fields as described below.
Reservations that should not be included in a migration
- Booking.com reservations, if you are using the BDC direct connector app: Those should be imported via the BDC connector (and before they are imported, disable reservation confirmation messages and enable payment/set the property live)
- Group bookings or multi-reservation bookings: Each reservation which is migrated will be in a separate booking, so reservations which need to be part of the same booking should be manually imported.
- Reservations that will be checked-in BEFORE you have gone live with Apaleo and will check-out AFTER the go-live: you can either process these fully in your old system, or check them out of your old system the day you go live in Apaleo and manually book and check them into Apaleo
We can import the following fields. All fields are in the context of a single reservation and its main guest:
The apaleo code for the property to which the reservation belongs. You can find the code for each property of your account in the property settings.
In one import file there can be reservations for multiple properties of your chain.
Reservation confirmation number from old PMS
|First name of the guest
|Last name of the guest
|Email of the guest
|Phone number of the guest
|ISO 3166-1 Alpha-2 code of the guest's nationality (E.g. GB, DE, US)
|Address of the guest
|Address of the guest
|ZIP code of the guest
|City of the guest
|ISO 3166-1 Alpha-2 code of country of the guest (E.g. GB, DE, US)
|Room number if a room has been assigned to the reservation already, otherwise empty.
|Old Room Type
|Room type (E.g. SGL, DBL, Junior Suite)
|Old Rate Code
|Code (or unique name) of the rate (E.g. NonRef, Weekend Special, Corporate1)
|To be taken from the URL of the rate plan - see example in Excel legend (below)
|Booking channel (ChannelManager, Ibe, Direct or Booking.com)
|Market Segment ID assigned to the reservation
|Only if Channel is ChannelManager
|Source of booking (Agoda, Airbnb, Booking.com, DIRS21 Direct Booking, WindsurferCRS, Expedia, eZee Cebtrix, Google Hotel Finder, Hotelde, HotelTonight, HRS, Synxis, Travelport, Hotels.com, Expedia Affiliate Network, Egencia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Wotif, Hotwire, CheapTickets, ebookers, MrJet, Lastminute.au, American Express Travel, Amex The Hotel Collection, Amex FINE HOTELS AND RESORTS, Logismanager, Cubilis IBE, Maxmind, GDS - Reconline, Tomas, Brussels Booking Desk, TripAdvisor, i-Escape, Triptwin, HNS OnePageBooking, HomeLike, Accomodo, Apartmentservice, Wunderflats, Other)
|Booking ID from OTA (Like from Booking.com). These IDs should be imported, as otherwise reservation amendments or cancellations from OTAs cannot be synched with their corresponding reservations in apaleo anymore after the switch of PMS.
|Arrival date in the format YYYY-MM-DD (E.g. 2019-06-18)
|Departure date in the format YYYY-MM-DD (E.g. 2019-06-19)
|Number of adults
|Average gross price per night in the currency of the hotel for all guests (adults, children) including all services and VAT; not including city tax
|Any freetext comment (E.g. guest preferences, tasks/instructions, other information that might be worth to preserve from the old PMS)
|Any other freetext comment
|Any other freetext comment
The success of a data migration strongly depends on the quality of the source data you have in your hotel and your current PMS. It will therefore be important to validate an example export from the system which currently holds the data.
Usually, data migration makes sense in case you have several hundreds or thousands of reservations. Depending of how many reservations we are talking about, it sometimes also might be reasonable to do it manually (assuming 2 minutes per reservation on average).
- Please contact your current PMS support to get an export of your reservations in CSV format or download the future reservations yourself.
- Fill in the reservation data into the Excel Sheet which is attached on the bottom of this article.
- Please send this file to us for validation.
- We will upload the reservations to your apaleo account at the day where you go-live with apaleo.
Attention: Make sure you have switched off any kind of automated guest communication before importing reservations. Otherwise guests might receive double communication!